As I mentioned in my last posts, changing your eating habits is not an easy thing to do, it doesn’t happen overnight but IT IS POSSIBLE!
I hate the word diet; I feel it gives me stress. I would rather say, “I am eating more intelligent and healthy”.
Now, day-by-day we have activities, events, parties and it’s harder some days to stay on track.
Here are my tips:
- 1-DAY OF CHEAT = 3 STRAIGHT DAYS EATING CORRECTLY: I learned this one from my personal trainer back in Venezuela (He is one of the trainers in charge of a lot of the Miss Venezuela beauty contestants). He always said to me: “If you cheat one day, you have to stay very strict for the following 3 days NOT TO GAIN WEIGHT”. it really works. THIS ONE I KEEP IT IN MIND ALL THE TIME.
- VISUALIZE: Set your goals and visualize them. See yourself looking the way you want to. Do this every day. See it; believe it and it will come true.
- UNDERSTAND YOUR CRAVINGS: Most likely during holidays we tend to eat more than normal and sometimes in excess. See what types of food you crave the most and see how much you can avoid more frequently.
DON’T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF: If you cheated it’s ok, we all do. The idea is to recognize it so then you are able to change the behavior. Always remember to Stick to the point 1 when you have a day of cheating. It never fails!
- EXERCISE: Well, let’s say you ate a bagle with cream cheese. Don’t just sit and beat yourself up. Go for a walk, go to the gym, look for an exercise video on YouTube and DO IT. IT WON’T WORK if you just watch it! 🙂
- DON’T STAY SEDENTARY: Try to exercise at least 3 times a week to accelerate your metabolism. Try to be more active every day. Instead of taking the elevator, take the stairs.
- WATER: If you are going crazy to eat something when it’s not time for you to have a snack or your meal, try to drink a glass of water. It will fill you up and also will help with water retention. Water is good and it has 0 calories.
- MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT: We can’t be under a strict diet all the time but when we change our eating habits to be more healthy and intelligent, we can then cheat intelligently. I treat myself with something that I crave on Sundays knowing that I will be back to my normal eating habits by Monday.
If you love it!! Like, comment and/or share
Thanks for reading